This is the kind of weekend when the phones of car accident attorneys get really busy. A light dusting of snow has turned into an inch and half that froze into a sheet of ice by morning. As a result, people who were getting a late start for work often finding themselves rushing right into an accident. Sometimes those accidents are into other cars, other times they are into pedestrians and property.
Fortunately, car accident lawyers offer services that allow victims to understand what kind of compensations might be available to them. Unfortunately, distracted driving, drunk driving, and speeding are the three most common causes of car accidents in the U.S. Knowing that all three of these causes are the fault of someone else’s negligence is just one indicator of how important it is to make sure that you are being compensated for the injuries you have suffered because of someone else’s carelessness.
Facing months of physical therapy rehabilitation bills, weeks off work, and numerous surgeries after an accident can be very expensive, but it is important to know that there are a number of ways that you might be able to get the help that you need to recover. With the help of a legal adviser, you can understand the opportunities that you may have to get the financial assistance that can help you recover.
Consider some of these facts and figures about the many times when people find themselves in need of the services provided by car accident attorneys:
- 3 million people are injured every year in car accidents on roads in America.
- Every year in the U.S. there are approximately 6 million car accidents.
- Automotive fatalities topped 40,000 for the second consecutive year in 2017, according to the National Safety Council.
- With nearly 218 million drivers holding a valid driving license, the U.S. is one of the busiest countries in terms of road traffic.
- 7.6% of all nonfatal crashes on U.S. roads in 2015 involved a bus or large truck.
Even when you are doing your best to drive carefully on the first snow of the year, someone else’s carelessness can cause you to be injured. If the person who caused the accident was impaired because of alcohol or if they were texting while driving you may have even more legal ground to be compensated for the injuries that you have incurred.