Are You Facing a Divorce This Holiday Season?
You never imagined that you would be looking for a low cost divorce lawyer over Christmas vacation, but that appears to be the case. After the last three months of trying to make things work between you and your husband, you are now certain that there are no real solutions. Your husband was a financial mess when you met him, and while he was tried to show better control during the three years since your wedding, his problems are too great for you to solve. You fear that if you stay in this marriage any longer, your credit will suffer and you will be part of a financial mess that you cannot recover from.
You have decided that you need to cut all of your ties and get back to handling your own life, your own finances, and your own future. A low cost divorce is certainly not a great Christmas present, but you willing to take the time to make sure that you are able to reclaim your financial freedom.
Facing a Divorce During the Holidays Can be Difficult
Whether you have been married for one or ten years, the end of a marriage is rarely fun. In fact, if you are facing a challenging divorce, it is sometimes tempting to keep ignoring the problems. If you want to fact the problem and begin moving on, however, you might want to find a divorce law firm to help you start the process. Consider some of these reasons why many people need a divorce lawyer, even during the upcoming holiday season:
- In 66% of the cases, women are the ones filing for a divorce.
- Although it can vary from state to state, there is an average zero to six month waiting period after the initial divorce petition is filed and served on the other spouse before a divorce becomes final.
- 19.2% of couples indicate that they divorced due to incompatibility, according to a study published in the Journal of Family Issues.
- 10.6% of couples indicate that they divorced due to drinking or drug abuse, according to a study published in the Journal of Family Issues.
- As recently as 2004, the median age for marriage was 27 for men and 26 for women. This is an increase from the averages in the 1950s that were 23 for men and 20 for women.
- Infidelity was the leading cause of divorce for 21.6% of respondents who said that this problem ended their marriage, according to a study published in the Journal of Family Issues.
Facing the fact that your marriage is no longer a good thing can be both sad and difficult. Finding a low cost divorce attorney, however, may provide you the chance to understand your options.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.