Do You Need Legal Representation?


Workers compensation law firm forth smith ar

Every year citizens will look for a legal representative to help them with a court case. This legal representative may be able to assist with a number of different things. Keep in mind that a legal representative can come different forms based on whatever your legal need is. The annual cost of civil lawsuits in the United States is $239 billion.

Studies show that about 1 in every 4 20-year-olds will be disabled by the time they reach the age of 67. In the year of 1980, about 13% of all bankruptcies were done by businesses where as today they only make up 3%. Out of all federal civil personal injury lawsuits, 20% come from vehicle crashes, 10% result from medical malpractice, and 13% result from products liability injuries. Here is what you should know about hiring a legal representative.

Damage Done By a Car Crash

Out of all car crash fatalities, there are four major reasons why these crashes occur. 32% of these accidents are a result of drunk driving, 16% are from distraction, 11% come from weather conditions, and 31% will come from one driver speeding. Accidents as a result of distractions are also growing in the United States now that more and more people own smart phones.

67% of all smartphone owners will use their phone at least occasionally for turn-by-turn GPS navigation while they are driving and even 31% say they do this frequently which can lead to distracted driving. Across America, at any given time, an estimated 660,000 drivers are going to be using cell phones while they are driving. 3,154 people were killed in car accidents in which one driver was distracted and 424,000 people were injured. This is so dangerous because five seconds is the average time in which your eyes are off the road while you use your phone.

Workers Compensation For an Injury

Another reason you will require a legal representative will involve an injury taking place in a workplace. 3,007,300 occupational injuries and illnesses were reported by workers in the year of 2013. About 2% of all personal injury cases will ever go to trial, instead, the rest of these cases will be handled outside of the courtroom with settlements. Out of all worker’s compensation claims, 85% are given to employees that fall and slip on a slick or wet floor.

Out of all slip and fall incidents, about 22% result in more than 31 days away from work for the injured worker. This can hurt most peoples bank accounts and that’s why a legal representative is important. For an employee who damaged one arm at work in the United States, the maximum average compensation amounts to about $169,880 as of March 2015. Also, know that 74% of all states will require the businesses within to have some form of worker’s compensation.


Bankruptcies are very common in the United States for not only business but even more so now for the average citizen. Many people will use this as a tactic to get out of debt and to handle any loans. In 2014, 97% of all bankruptcies were personal and the other 3% were done by businesses. The United States bankruptcy court statistics have revealed that 1.5 million people file for bankruptcy in the average year. With any attorney, chapter 7 bankruptcy claims have a success rate of over 95%. Chapter 7 cases will, on average, cost between $1,500 to $3,000.

In Conclusion

If you need a legal representative because of any of the previously mentioned reasons then make sure you seek out that help as soon as possible. Do not allow yourself to be in any position in which you can be taken advantage of. You deserve to be protected in your daily life, and as a result then find your legal representative to come and help you take care of an issue. Many people will do this so do not at all feel ashamed.

Leave a Reply